Monday, March 25, 2013

Jamaica Week 2


March 25, 2013
 
Hey!! :) Life is going good here. I miss you guys. There is hot water in my apartment but it's the only one in the mission with hot water. It's really hot here still, I feel basically wet all the time and other elders say that you just don't get used to it. There are some stores that are pretty nice, reminds me of a store kind of like Mike's. You can get most things that you can get in America there. Other stores are just little tiny dark grocery stores, but we are going to try and not hit those ones up anymore. I sent a little letter home last week like on Wed you'll have to tell me when you receive it. I got a letter in pouch mail today from Gma E and it was dated March 8 so it takes a little while to get here. We are planning on having some people get baptized on April 6. We had Pday today at Port Royal, look it up. It's like an old army fort or something. There were like 3 zones there and we played capture the flag. Yesterday I got to witness something pretty cool. So Bro B., the next mission president lives in my branch and he got ordained to a high priest by Pres H. He is the first person from the western Carribean to be a high priest. Since there are not stakes here, there has been no need for high priests, until now they are providing their own mission president. The branch got to sustain him too since there is no high council here to do that, Pres H. had to get special permission from the area presidency to do that. Well that's my week I guess. I'm glad to hear everything is going good. I'm nice and safe here and everything is safe to eat and drink here and stuff. I've eaten turkey neck and chicken back, not super good, but edible I guess. They eat a lot of weird stuff here, and rice and peas (beans) with every meal. I've only eaten at one members house and had two meals from members that they just bring to us. Any like restaurant that you go to gives you rice and peas as well. Well it was good hearing from you guys, keep writing me, everyone is saying that basically every package will get to me, I shouldn't have a problem with that. I am going to have to send home my flash drives with pictures every once in a while to get pictures to you guys. By the way I wash laundry by hand here too, crazy huh!! :) Well keep me in the loop, sends pics of prom and stuff. Love you guys!!!

Elder Colton Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment