Monday, March 4, 2013

Elder Harris' First Letter!

February 27, 2013

Dear Mom, Dad, and Family,

Today was quite the day.  Saying goodbye to everyone is definitely one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I love you guys all so much.  I am going to miss you guys, but everything is going good here so far.  I'll run through what I did to check in after I walked away from the car.  We went into a big room and there were different stations.  We had to go to all of them.  The stations were where we got our name badges, meal cards, different handouts and pamphlets, room key, and reviewed if all of our information was correct.  Then we were shown our rooms and called beds.  I got a bottom!  There are three bunk beds in here, but only four elders, so its not too crowded.  Then we went and met our district and had a testimony meeting, then had a meeting with all of the new missionaries to meet the MTC Presidents, then dinner, zone meeting, and now just down time.  My P-Day is Tuesday so I'm not sure if Tuesday, the 12th I'll get to email home or not.  Well, it is all going good.  I'm pretty sure that my branch president in Brother Gubler, my institute teacher at UVU!  I haven't seen him yet, but I do know that his name is Brother Gubler, he's bald, and so that adds up to be him:-)  He's awesome!  The spirit is so strong here!  It's really cool.  Oh and in the schedule above there was a time where there were mock interviews with investigators that the rest of the group got to help out with.  My companion is really great.  His name is Elder England.  We actually have the same first name.  We have a lot of the same interests.  He grew up on a farm in Price (Utah).  He played football and did track in high school.  He's a really good guy.  We did not get a chance to go to the post office today so I'm sorry, Taggart, I did not get your letter.  Hopefully I can get it tomorrow.  Well just know that everything is going good here.  There are sooo many missionaries here.  The said it is one of the largest groups ever to come into any MTC. (Brad's brother's neighbor volunteers at the MTC on Wednesdays checking in the new missionaries.  She said there were 751 enter the MTC that day!)  I love you all.  Have fun.

Elder Colton Harris

Oh, P.S. I made my own bed from start to finish for the first time today.  Be proud, Mom!!:-) (I am!)

February 28, 2013

P.P.S.  My comp loves Duck Dynasty!  We stayed up 'til midnight quoting it last night, which was a bad idea, let me tell you, cuz I'm tired now.  Oh and I forgot to watch the last episode of The District, I just realized.  NBD (No big deal) tho.  Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment