Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Right now is the start of miracles happening in Jamaica!

Dear everyone! Hope things are going great! Congrats Devin on the mission call!! That is way exciting! Things are definitely going great here!  Church was great yesterday! The members had a great time on the temple trip! They were bearing powerful testimonies yesterday during sacrament meeting, and then all of a sudden the power went out.  They had to open the windows in the chapel and man it was so loud. There were car alarms and a fire alarm going off on one side, and then in the distance on the other side there was this crazy party/ carnival and the music was really loud. The spirit was still felt tho! There were 189 people that went to Santa Domingo. This was a once in a lifetime trip for all of these people. A lot of these members have been in the church for years and years and have only heard of the temple before, so it was neat for them to experience it for themselves! I really think that right now is the start of miracles happening in Jamaica. I think that from this time right ow the church is just going to start taking off here! There are going to be many stakes here in Jamaica someday!

A. and M. got baptized on Saturday. They are the daughter ad son-in-law of our top investigator, S. They live in the constant springs branch, but it was great for S. to come to their baptism and feel the spirit there. S. has been coming to church for a few weeks now and she is just eating up the gospel. She is reading like no other! She has been very confused because of so many different religions, but it is amazing to see the happiness that comes when she is able to learn truth for herself, and all of that confusion is taken away. We had a combined lesson with A. and M. as well as With S. and her husband and M's brother right before the baptism. It was impromptu because the other missionaries were running very late, but it was great for A. and M. to be able to bear their testimonies in front of their family, as well as answer any questions that the family had. 

Earlier this week we were riding to an appointment, I kind of got into a kick of bunny hopping on my bike. After you ride for so long you got to keep it interesting right, so I hop pot holes and speed bumps and stuff just for fun. Well I thought that I would hop this curb. So I go and jump and I make it at least like 95% of the way, (BTW IDK why I am typing in this font but I don't know how to change it), and  then all of a sudden my back tire just came down hard on the curb with all my weight (which isn't very much thank you!) and bent my rim so bad!! It was terrible! It was bent out of place a couple inches. It was so embarrassing cuz I had just barely waved to our bike Dr. when we passed him right before all of this happened. I had to walk up  back up to him and tell him to fix it. He laughed, he was like I just saw you riding fine like a minute ago! Anyways that was the dumb moment of the week!

Elder Jackson is also doing great! He has made strides of improvement and is just on fire. It is fun to watch him grow! He gave himself a haircut this morning, it turned out awful lol there is no way to save it, I think we are just going to have to shave it bald! Other that he is doing great! :)

Well take care, have a great week! Love you guys!

Love Elder Harris

Pic 1) 876 basketball thug crew! (Us Kingston missionaries get together a couple times a week and play ball in the middle of the ghetto, it's pretty fun:) 
Pic 2) Our bike Dr.
Pic 3) Elder Jackson's haircut ;)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment