Monday, February 10, 2014

Leaving Cayman...so sad!


Dear Everyone!!!

Cayman has officially come to a close! I am going to miss this place so much! I love it here and all the people as well! I can't believe that I have been here for over 5 months now! I could do another 5 months here easy! I fly back to the Rock bright and early tomorrow morning! Saying goodbye to everyone here has been very hard the past few days.  Serving in a tiny branch you get to know everyone very very well. Man most people were even crying when we were saying goodbye to them. Missionaries mean so much to everyone in the branch out here! I don't know if they were crying because we were leaving, or crying because they are going to be stuck with sisters, I couldn't tell! JK JK! So my new area is going to be the Boulevard Branch in Kingston.  That is where I was for 2 weeks before I came to Cayman. My comp will be Elder Stuart, he has been out for 3 transfers. I am also going to be a district leader there, there are 12 missionaries in my district so it is pretty big.  The house does have a microwave I was told, I just hope they aren't lying to me! I would be so mad to get my dreams crushed like that!  I just hope that I don't have to move houses in my next area! So far I have had 2 areas and I have had to move houses both times! It is not fun cleaning out a house where missionaries have lived for years and years! And that is what we have been doing this week :(

The mission is going to be so different when I get back, I won't know very many people at all! I am excited to see some more Elders tho. It has been almost 6 months since I have seen an Elder besides Runyan.  6 months of never being out of sight or sound of 1 person ever is crazy! I now know that if I were stranded on a deserted island, that I could survive with anyone lol. So mom you asked about sisters... our mission is projected to 50% sisters by the end of the year.  They don't become their own zone leaders out here, the ZL area is being moved to Turks and Caicos now.  I am sure that sisters will eventually take over all of the islands.  My zone has also  doubled in size just since I have been here in Cayman.  It is crazy to see the change! When I first started my mission most branches had 1 companionship, a couple had 2 compships.  Now almost all branches have 3 compships and just a couple have 2 compships.

So we gave a talk in sacrament yesterday, it went pretty good.  The past couple of days I have never been so full in my life! Everyone tells us to come for dinner since it is our last few days, it is like Hey I wish we could have spaced these out better the past few weeks! We have gotten some going away gifts and valentines stuff and I just don't have room for it all!

So we also got out new car on Friday.  Just in time for the new sisters to take it! Finally, we have both been riding without brakes the past few weeks, that has been fun. Only a couple close calls tho. I also ate rabbit this week, it tastes like turkey. It was pretty good.  I get to go back to my homeland (Spanish Town) twice this week! Wednesday is transfers and Thursday is a leadership training.  It is going to bring back some memories.  Hopefully I can see some members while I am there! Oh our branch had a bowling and roller skating night on Saturday! That was really fun! I owned both of them! I ripped my pants while skating but that didn't slow me down! :) I am going to miss all of the activities that this branch has! There is an activity this Friday that I am already missing! All I know is that it is for Valentine ’s Day and that there is going to be a chocolate fountain! Don't think they will do that in Jamaica!

Well I hope you all have a good week! Love you all!

Love, Elder Harris
 
P.S. Make sure to send all mail to Jamaica now!
Elder Colton Harris
4 Garelli Ave
Kingston 10
Jamaica
Kissing his new car hello and good-bye!

Enjoying the pleasures of Grand Cayman!

Riding the Green Machine!

Bowling like a pro!

Roller skating Rock Star!
Panoramic View of Grand Cayman!

Another amazing panorama of Grand Cayman!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment