Monday, June 24, 2013

Livin' Like a High Roller!


Hello once again!  Well another week has flown by; it has been a very, very good week.  Well this week we had Zone Conference.  Friday we spent all day in Kingston again.  This was President Hendricks last Zone Conference and man was it a good one!!! He just threw down on some doctrine and some other things that he felt were very important for us to know.  It was such a good meeting, I love President Hendricks so much I am so grateful for the chance that I had to serve under him for even this short amount of time.  He had so much that he wanted to tell us and by the end when we were running out of time he was just talking so fast and quoting scriptures to save time. I kid you not; I bet that he has all the standard works memorized and then some.  I am betting that next conference he is put in as a general authority.  This Zone Conference was a little bit different than normal Zone Conferences.  Sister Hendricks and one of our AP's were not there.  Last week Pres. and Sis. Hendricks and the APs were in the Bahamas I think for a Zone Conference out there and on their way back they had a layover in Miami and Elder Worley’s appendix burst so they took him to the hospital and he has been in Miami for a week recovering. I think they are coming back tomorrow though.  So that was kind of sad that we weren't able to hear from her at that meeting but it was still good.  This was Elder Nugent’s first Zone Conference as an AP and he had to teach the AP part by himself, he did a really good job though.  This is the Lords work though, serving in Jamaica for almost 2 years and he is on a layover in the states and his appendix bursts.  That is such a better place for it to burst than out here, I bet he and his family were relieved that he is in an American hospital…lol.  Afterwards we went to the food court at some mall and ate and it was pretty good.  I ate at Little Tokyo and it wasn't bad.  It was like a cheap version of Panda but hey it was something different! I accidently watch the highlights from the Finals out of the corner of my eye because it was playing on every tv.  Seemed pretty good, I repented afterwards though!
Well on Wednesday Elder Mathewson was sick so we didn't go out proselyting. I thought that it would be fun to take a day off, and it was for the first couple hours but after that I got so bored.  There is absolutely nothing to do while you are a missionary just sitting at home.  Good thing we have AC at our house though! Well I hope that you guys had a chance to watch the World Wide Mission Presidents Seminar last night.  Holy cow that was quite the meeting! It was so good.  Man some of the changes are going to revolutionize missionary work. We'll see how they all play out I guess.  I can't wait until our next zone conference when President Brown gets back and takes over and instructs us on the changes.  He is in Provo this week, but when he gets back on Friday night he is our new mission president.  I'm excited.  He is going to be so different than Pres. Hendricks was, but he will be very good for the country of Jamaica. 

Well this week has been a pretty good week concerning our investigators as well.  S. is doing GREAT!!! He is such a boss and every lesson we have with him he just has the biggest smile on his face, he loves this gospel.  He even attended the seminar last night and he wants to be a missionary so badly.  We explained that he isn't allowed to be a full time missionary because he is one year over the age and he has a kid, but I love to see the joy that this message brings into his life.  Last night made me remember something, so the second time we ever met S., we had given him a Book of Mormon the previous time when we met him.  But we get looking at the Book of Mormon we gave him the day earlier and underneath Elder Wright and Elder Harris' name when we signed it he wrote Elder S Ha!  Just thought that was a cool little thing. But he is going to be such a good member.  K. is another investigator that we are working with.  We found her through a less active family when Elder Wright and I were trying to prepare them to go to the temple and be sealed; well turns out that they don't want to go to the temple because they tell us that they don't want to live with each other forever.  They have been married for over 30 years and have grown kids and have been members for probably over 20 years but they just don't want to be together forever.  It's like really?  You’re old, you’re not going to find anyone else but I guess we will keep working with them. Tthey obviously don't understand the doctrine but that's just the side story.  Them referring K. to us and being present at most of her lessons has been a really awesome blessing for the whole family.  They have started coming back to church more regularly and it's just been good.  Next Saturday we should be having 2 baptisms, K. and S. so hopefully everything goes well there!
Well it sounds like everything is going good for you guys.  Mom I wonder if you could overnight some Olive Garden breadsticks to me with Global Mission Shipping?  Just a thought but it sounds like a good thought to me!!  My meals everyday consist of corn flakes with powdered milk for breakfast, a box of mac n cheese for lunch but made with just water no milk or butter like you’re supposed to, and a top ramen/rice soup, beef flavored obviously so that I can remember what beef tastes like and a slice of bread with all of these meals.  Livin' like a high roller!!! WUZ UP!!!!  But I did get the package on Thursday.  Thank you for it.  Thank you for the picture Marissa; and for the story, Taggart; it was amazing; and for the notes mom and dad.  Devin and Treyson, I'm disappointed. I guess that means you have to send me another package with something from them I guess ;)  But I can't really think of anything that I desperately need right now mom.
Well I hope you guys have another good week!! I'll talk to ya next week! Love ya, bye.
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment